Pierce Extension Policies
REGISTRATION FEES AND OTHER PAYMENTS
- We accept cash, check, Visa, Mastercard or Discover. We do not accept American Express.
- PAYING BY CHECK: the Los Angeles Community College District requires either a California Driver's License Number, California ID Number, or Social Security Number to be written or printed on the check at time of registration. We are not able to accept checks without printed name and address.
- RETURNED CHECKS: A $10 returned check charge is assessed for EACH check returned to the Pierce College Business Office unpaid by the bank for ANY reason. A STOP PAYMENT order on a check does not constitute an official withdrawal nor does it relieve the student's financial obligation for a class. Please follow refund policy procedures to avoid additional fees.
- If a student elects to drop or transfer from a class, a request of withdrawal or transfer must be made to our office at least 3 working days prior to the first day of class. THERE WILL BE NO REFUNDS AFTER THIS DATE OR AFTER A CLASS HAS BEGUN.
- Weekends and district or national holidays are not working days.
- Failure to attend class does not warrant consideration for a refund.
- If you enroll in a class less than 3 working days before the class begins and decide to withdraw, there will be no refunds.
- Refunds or credits WILL NOT be issued for absences or late registrations. If you miss some meetings of a class, you cannot make them up in another class. Refunds are not made on the basis of not receiving confirmation via email or mail. The Extension Program is not responsible for lost or misdirected mail.
- There is a $5, $10, $15, or $25 drop fee for each class refund, credit or transfer requested by a student. Please refer to your Student Confirmation to know what drop fee applies to your class.
- When the Extension Program cancels a class, full refund is issued without a drop fee.
- Refunds are issued in the order received.
- Registration confirmations are sent via email. Please be sure to include your email address on your student profile, or when you register by phone or in person.
- When registering by mail, you may include a stamped, self-addressed business-size envelope for confirmation, payment receipt and room location to be mailed back to you..
- If you register for a class by fax, mail or telephone and you do not receive a confirmation or the room location by the day before your class(es) begin, it is your responsibility to call Pierce College Extension at (818) 719-6425 for that information. Non-receipt of confirmation does not warrant a refund.
- Because of the large volume of registrations received by this office, we do not confirm fax receipts by phone. However, please be sure to include your phone number on the registration form in the space provided should the office need to contact you for any other reason.
- Please fax registrations ONLY once, as sub-sequent faxes cannot always be detected and will result in duplicate processing and charges.
Times, dates, fees, locations, instructors, and methodology for classes are subject to change and DO NOT warrant a refund.
A class may be CANCELLED by the Extension office if fewer than the required minimum numbers of students enroll. Participants will be contacted by phone and refunds will be issued as soon as the original register receipt and charge slip (If applicable) are received. You may transfer to another class in lieu of a refund.
Many Community Services classes are held off-campus. Exact locations will be provided upon registration. If location is critical, please check with our office whether a class is on or off campus before registering.
A parking permit is required whenever you park on the Pierce College campus, Monday through Friday. Permits are available in the Extension Office. You also have the option of purchasing a 1-day permit at the yellow kiosk in each parking lot. It is your responsibility to obtain a permit before you park on the campus. Failure to obtain a permit or to properly display the permit on your vehicle could result in a parking citation.
All persons driving a vehicle onto Pierce College campus are required to comply with the traffic laws of the State of California and the rules & regulations of California Vehicle Code. Violation of laws, rules or regulations may result in a citation.
AGE REQUIREMENTS FOR CHILDREN'S CLASSES
When registering your child in an extension class, please remember that the youngster must be within the age limits identified for each class. Children will be dropped from class (without refund) if they do not meet the age requirements. Most adult classes have a minimum age requirement of 18.
STANDARDS OF CONDUCT
Disobedient, disruptive or disorderly behavior exhibited by any student or parent of minor student will result in disciplinary action in accordance with District policies and procedures. Action may include, but is not limited to, expulsion from class or permanent expulsion from the Pierce Extension program. Parents of minor children displaying such behavior will be requested to remove their child from class. Pierce College reserves the right to refuse service to anyone for any reason including, but not limited to, violation of LACCD Standards of Conduct as stated in Board Rules 9803 – 8905. There will be no refund for expulsion from class.
In compliance with LA City ordinance LC 6403:LACCD/BR 2419, there are 20 designated smoking areas located on campus. In order for Pierce College to avoid an absolute ban on smoking on campus by the LA City Attorney's Office, smoking on campus is prohibited outside of these designated areas. Violation of this policy may result in a citation and fine.
Bring the items or materials specified in the class description and on your class confirmation. Materials fees will either be included in the registration fee or a lost of materials will be provided, by a link on your confirmation sheet, or on the Materials Lists link on our website. Allow enough time to order any required books or pick up required material before your class.